- 75 Download
- 3.71 MB File Size
- 1 File Count
- Adolescent Provider Toolkit - Understanding Confidentiality and Minor Consent in California (2010) Download
Our resources for providers are free to download.
Note that our resources for providers are not meant for direct youth consumption. However, these do contain resources for Providers to facilitate conversations with youth and their parents/caregivers.
During adolescence, youth confront new issues that affect their physical, reproductive, and mental health. At the same time, establishing autonomy is one of their most vital developmental tasks. As they face these changes, many teens crave increased privacy and opportunities to make health-related decisions. Youth list concerns about confidentiality as the number one reason they might forgo medical care. For this reason, youth need assurances of privacy and confidentiality with their healthcare providers.
This toolkit includes:
- Charts on minor consent and confidentiality
- Practice tools
- Screening, assessment and referral tools
- Resource sheets
- Health education handouts for teens and their parents/guardians
- Online resources and research