- 48 Download
- 2.63 MB File Size
- 1 File Count
- Adolescent Provider Toolkit - Behavioral Health (2007) Download
Our resources for providers are free to download.
Note that our resources for providers are not meant for direct youth consumption. However, these do contain resources for Providers to facilitate conversations with youth and their parents/caregivers.
This toolkit focuses on adolescent mental health and substance use conditions. Specific disorders were selected to be examined more closely in this toolkit and therefore we had to prioritize certain disorders based on relevance to the primary care setting. We omit several important disorders including: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, and learning disabilities.
This toolkit takes a closer look at common substance use and mental health issues among youth and includes:
- Screening and assessment tools
- 12 mental health and substance use issue briefs
- Evaluation and treatment algorithms for general behavioral health concerns, depression, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Brief office interventions and counseling guidelines
- Behavioral health information and worksheets for providers
- Health education materials for teens and their adult caregivers
- Online resources and hotlines