Adolescent Health Working Group’s resources for providers are free to download.
The Sexual and Reproductive Health Toolkit for Adolescent Providers was designed for healthcare care providers but is applicable to many other providers, including school-based and youth program providers.
If this Toolkit is beneficial for you or your practice, please consider supporting the Adolescent Health Working Group with a donation to keep our work going.
Please note: This document is 122 pages and over 20mb. A few people have contacted us because they’ve had some downloading issues with their network. If you have any downloading issues, please send us a note at [email protected].
The updated Toolkit champions a paradigm shift from a risk-based perspective to one that embraces adolescent sexuality as a positive and normative stage of development. This comprehensive guide:
- Focuses on healthy sexuality and healthy relationships.
- Integrates information regarding the sexual health of all young people, including LGBTQ+ youth and youth with disabilities.
- Is written from a national perspective.
- Is updated with links to the most current evidence-based research.
- Includes many unique resources in the format of handouts for youth and families.
The Toolkit is not intended to replace clinical practice protocols; we encourage you to always follow current standards of care. However, it does provide evidence-based practice guidelines to enhance a provider’s ability to meet the sexual health needs of adolescents. This Toolkit includes:
- Practice readiness tools.
- Screening, assessment, and referral tools.
- Resource sheets on various sexual health issues.
- Online resources and hotlines.
This update was made possible through the generous support of the San Francisco Department of Public Health, the UCSF Division of Adolescent Medicine, the hundreds of hours donated by community health educators, parents, youth, and other partners, and donations from our community.
- 20.07 MB File Size
- 1 File Count
- November 18, 2021 Create Date
- August 10, 2023 Last Updated
|AHWG - Sexual and Reproductive Health Toolkit for Adolescent Providers.pdf|