- 3 Download
- 4.28 MB File Size
- 2 File Count
- BRBR - Lesson 20 - HIV & AIDS Download
Be Real. Be Ready. - Lesson 20
HIV & AIDS
“Be Real. Be Ready.” is a comprehensive relationship and sexuality curriculum for high school students. The full curriculum is made up of 26 lessons. Educators are welcome to select which lessons best serve the needs of their students.
Lesson 20’s Objective:
- Students will be able to define the following terms: HIV, AIDS, and STI.
- Students will be able to distinguish between HIV and AIDS.
- Students will understand the magnitude of HIV infection and the AIDS pandemic internationally, nationally, and locally.
- Students will acknowledge that HIV infection and AIDS have an impact on a broad range of people and people of all ages.
- Students will be able to describe routes of HIV transmission.
- Students will be able to identify behaviors that can lead to HIV transmission