- 28 Download
- 1.38 MB File Size
- 2 File Count
- BRBR - Lesson 18 - Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) Download
Be Real. Be Ready. - Lesson 18
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
“Be Real. Be Ready.” is a comprehensive relationship and sexuality curriculum for high school students. The full curriculum is made up of 26 lessons. Educators are welcome to select which lessons best serve the needs of their students.
Lesson 18’s Objective:
- Students will be able to identify what “STI” stands for, name at least 3 STIs, and understand the differences among viral, bacterial, and other STIs.
- Students will understand how STIs are transmitted and how to prevent STIs including abstinence, safer sex techniques and testing.
- Students will be able to list two places to get tested and treated for STIs.
- Students will become familiar with the variety of barrier methods that are available to reduce the risk of STIs.