Adolescent Health Working Group (AHWG) is creating a variety of videos that are published on YouTube and other social media platforms. While we utilize YouTube’s automatic closed captioning services, this service has errors and there is a need for transcription clean-up.
Volunteers are needed to watch and/or listen to the program and correct any mistakes in the closed-captioning text. You will be working with an AWHG team member to identify the specific videos.
This is a volunteer role that can be done from anywhere. You’ll need internet access and your own computer.
- Watch selected videos created by Adolescent Health Working Group
- Edit a file of the automatic closed captions and correct any mistakes
- Inform AHWG team when video is complete
The anticipated weekly commitment of 1 – 2 hours per week depending on the number of videos created. More time may be available if desired.
Why this volunteer project is important
Providing accurate closed captioning supports AHWG in two critical ways:
- Accurate closed captioning better supports individuals who have hearing impairments
- It helps individuals that may only be able to watch the videos without sound to avoid drawing attention to what they’re watching
Your support will ensure that AHWG’s are inclusive to everyone and can reach more people.
If you are interested in becoming a Video Transcription Volunteer, please send an email to [email protected].